Edthena is kicking off a new webinar series to help instructional coaches provide newly-virtual teachers with timely and much-needed support. The four-part “Kitchen Table Coaching” series, launching this Thursday, will provide strategies and best practices for facilitating virtual coaching. The series is part of the #PLtogether project (PLtogether.org) which will provide a collection of free resources for instructional coaches, including tactical advice from notable thought leaders in the education industry.
“Effective coaching will lead to the ultimate success of distanced teaching,” said Adam Geller, founder and CEO of Edthena. “The #PLtogether project will provide a hub for topical resources to support instructional coaching during this unprecedented time. The first resource – this new webinar series – offers coaches an opportunity to ask questions and get tips and best practices for supporting professional learning now.”
The 30-minute Kitchen Table Coaching webinars, which will be led by former classroom teachers Heather Purzner and Rob McCreary of the Edthena Partner Success team, will take place every Thursday in May at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT. Educators can register for some or all of the following sessions:
- Week 1: Virtually coaching distanced teachers
- Week 2: Facilitating distanced teacher collaboration
- Week 3: Developing coaching logs for virtual coaching
- Week 4: Creating virtual training and coaching cycles
Later this month, Edthena will additionally be releasing “Lounge Talks” with Elena Aguilar, Deborah Ball, Joellen Killion, and other respected thought leaders on the #PLtogether portal. During these video interviews, the experts will discuss the challenges of teaching during COVID-19 and provide tactical “what now” advice for supporting teachers in this new reality.
To register for the live webinars or get free access to the content, visit http://pltogether.org.
- Discovery Education Presents Three New Virtual Field Trips - April 8, 2021
- Districts Leverage $300,000 Matching Grant Program to Improve Flexible Learning and Address Social Justice - April 8, 2021
- GoGuardian Offers Student Mental Health Service for Free as Schools Face Growing Mental Health Concerns - April 6, 2021