To provide enhanced visibility into student digital engagement and learning patterns, CatchOn, an expansive data analytics and application monitoring tool for K-12 schools, has launched an industry-leading student-level data module. With this tool, educators can monitor when and how each student is using online tools and resources on their school-owned device which is an essential component of digital learning .
“With education transcending the traditional classroom, staying on top of students’ and educators’ evolving use of edtech is even more pressing,” said Jena Draper, Evangelist and Founder of CatchOn. “The student-level data module offers additional clarity regarding students’ usage of tools and resources to ensure they are engaged and receiving the right support.”
The student-level data module enables district leaders to:
- Measure Engagement. See student engagement within a given course or section, monitor student engagement in assigned applications and evaluate time spent on tasks within various subject matters.
- Track Engagement. Monitor student access to online applications and learning management tools, determine if students are online when they are outside school buildings and track student access to applications that aren’t approved or vetted for privacy.
- Evaluate Student Engagement Patterns. Analyze users within a class, section, or grade level to determine engagement levels, compare user engagements to evaluate gaps or inconsistencies in engagement activity for assigned applications and define best practice engagements across the district.
- Communicate Engagement. Realign priorities based on engagement results to support personalized learning and address achievement gaps, share engagement reports with district stakeholders and review patterns of engagement to create benchmarks for learning success.
CatchOn also supports district leaders in boosting efficiency and security of applications, detecting trends, managing subscriptions, tracking the ROI of online tools, and ensuring resources meet strict student data privacy standards.
“The pandemic has forever altered the traditional education model, digitizing instruction and learning at a pace we never before would have believed possible,” said Draper. “Having access to real-time and easy to understand, intelligible data and reporting is now more critical than ever to formulate effective instructional strategies. That is why we are so excited to offer this new student-level data module that enables districts to identify how their online resources are being used to ensure their students are engaged and not falling through the cracks.”
To learn more about CatchOn’s student-level data module, please visit https://www.catchon.com/student-level-data/.
CatchOn is an expansive data analytics tool that compiles real-time data on every school device, enabling school districts to make data-informed decisions about the apps and online tools their educators and students are using. In 2018, CatchOn joined forces with ENA, a leading provider of comprehensive technology solutions to education institutions and libraries across the nation. Collectively, CatchOn and ENA leverage their respective resources and expertise to deliver critical services and solutions that help school districts produce positive outcomes in the communities they serve. For more information, please visit www.catchon.com.
- Reading Plus Approved As Evidence-Based Academic Intervention By Mississippi Department Of Education - July 29, 2021
- Poll Finds High Level of Dissatisfaction with Many LMS Platforms in K–12 Education - July 28, 2021
- Study Shows Children Saw Improved Mental Well-Being Early on During the COVID-19 Pandemic - July 28, 2021