The lessons for first and second grade students teach the character trait of gratitude through short, engaging online videos and printable resources. The lessons can be used at home or in a classroom making them a great activity for in-person learning, distance learning, homeschooling, and for parents seeking supplemental activities for their children.
To access the lessons, visit: https://www.charactertree.com/#sample-episodes. The lessons include:
- Gratitude & Oprah Winfrey – Children learn about television personality, producer and philanthropist Oprah Winfrey and how she cultivated an attitude of gratitude through her show and her charity work.
- Gratitude & Veterans – Children learn about the history of Veteran’s Day, different jobs in the military and how to show gratitude for veterans and active duty military.
In the episodes, teacher and host Sara VanderWel, who plays “Miss Sara” in the videos, leads conversations with puppet characters “Katie,” “Jose,” “Bobby,” and “Sierra” as they discuss what gratitude is and how children can demonstrate it at home and at school. Both lessons include printable resources to support skills such as word recognition, handwriting and lesson comprehension.
For families of kindergarten-aged students, The Character Tree also offers a free sample lesson about the character trait Perseverance. To subscribe to a full year of episodes from The Character Tree visit https://www.charactertree.com/subscriptions/
About The Character Tree
The Character Tree is an educational video subscription series designed for K-2 students. The subscription includes 36 character education videos for either kindergarten or first/second grade, 36 sets of supplemental resources, and 36 teacher’s guides. Every episode, hosted by a real first-grade teacher, discusses classroom citizenship or an important positive character trait exemplified by prominent figures like Kindness & Jane Goodall or Perseverance & Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. For more, visit https://charactertree.com/.
- Flinn Scientific Launches New Contest for STEM Educators in Celebration of Mole Day - October 15, 2021
- Digital Magazines Now Available to K-12 Schools Worldwide in Sora Reading App - October 15, 2021
- iTutor’s Virtual Quarantine Classroom Offers Educational Lifeline for COVID-Affected South Carolina and New York Students - October 15, 2021