This has been a difficult year for both teachers and students. Winter break offers a chance for everyone to relax and recharge. To help support the social-emotional wellbeing of teachers and students during the break, Aperture Education is offering a free downloadable 2020 Winter SEL Guide. The Guide includes tips to support social-emotional well-being, cope with loss and grief, and keep academics on track, and more. Also included is advice to help everyone de-stress over the break and create a plan to start the New Year strong. Some of the articles include:
- 10 Tips to Help Students Manage Anxiety and Stress During the Holidays
- 10 SEL Activities for Educators to De-Stress Over Winter Break
- 4 Ways to Start the New Year Strong
The Guide also provides SEL-related ideas and resources to support virtual learning. To download the 2020 Winter SEL Guide: 2020 Winter SEL Guide.
About Aperture Education
Aperture Education specializes in social and emotional learning (SEL) solutions. Our flagship product, the DESSA Comprehensive SEL System, allows educators to measure, strengthen, and support social-emotional competence in youth in grades K-12. The DESSA System includes a suite of strength-based assessments, a universal screener that can be administered in less than a minute, and growth strategies and foundational practices to strengthen social and emotional competence. The DESSA System is lauded by researchers because it meets high standards for reliability and validity and is appreciated by educators for its ability to easily and quickly identify each student’s personal SEL strengths and provide practical supports that result in improved student outcomes. Because strengthening social-emotional skills is as important for educators as it is for students, we also offer the Educator Social Emotional Reflection and Training (EdSERT) tool. EdSERT is a professional development program to support the social-emotional competency and well-being of educators. For more information, go to www.ApertureEd.com.
- Flinn Scientific Launches New Contest for STEM Educators in Celebration of Mole Day - October 15, 2021
- Digital Magazines Now Available to K-12 Schools Worldwide in Sora Reading App - October 15, 2021
- iTutor’s Virtual Quarantine Classroom Offers Educational Lifeline for COVID-Affected South Carolina and New York Students - October 15, 2021