Students taking Advanced Placement® courses through VHS Learning maintained their decade-plus record of exceeding the national average pass rate on AP® exams. A score of 3 or higher on an AP® exam is considered a “passing” grade for AP® college credit at many universities.
The national pass rate for the 2020 AP® Environmental Science exam was just over half (53%), but almost all (95%) VHS Learning students passed that exam. Pass rates for the 2020 AP® English Literature and Composition exam were even more remarkable. Nationally, 60% of all the students who took that exam received a passing score, but the VHS Learning pass rate was 100%, meaning all VHS Learning students who took the exam achieved a score of 3 or higher.
“What a pleasure it is to see our VHS Learning students continue to surpass AP® exam national averages, especially in a year as stressful as this one,” said Carol DeFuria, President & CEO of VHS Learning. “We’re happy that VHS Learning can help provide continuity of learning and a strong educational foundation to students during these trying times.”
Other 2020 AP® exams on which VHS Learning students scored higher than the national average include:
- AP® Physics C – Mechanics, 95% of exam takers from VHS Learning passed, compared to the national average of 84%.
- AP® Spanish Language and Culture, 92% of exam takers from VHS Learning passed, compared to the national average of 90%.
- AP® Biology, which 89% of exam takers from VHS Learning passed, compared to the national average of 69%.
- AP® English Language and Composition, 88% of exam takers from VHS Learning passed, compared to the national average of 62%
“Taking advantage of VHS Learning’s 24 online Advanced Placement® courses can help students earn college credit, and also help them acquire valuable life skills such as time management and self-motivation,” said DeFuria. “We excel at helping students master the subject matter required to achieve college credit in high school, and we remain committed to student success throughout their educational years and beyond.”
About VHS Learning
VHS Learning is a nonprofit organization with 25 years of experience providing world-class online programs to students and schools everywhere. Offering more than 250 unique online courses, including 24 AP® courses, credit recovery and enrichment courses, and a selection of dual-credit options, VHS Learning is accredited by Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS), Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC), and Cognia. Courses are approved for initial eligibility by NCAA. For more information about VHS Learning please visit https://www.vhslearning.org/ and follow on Twitter at @VHSLearning.
- ShopWithScrip Rebrands as RaiseRight, Announces Lou Agnese as Chief Executive Officer - May 12, 2022
- Pivot Interactives Announces New Iris™ Technology to Increase Students’ Active Phenomena-Based Learning - May 12, 2022
- Eason Rytter Of New York, Ny Named 2022 U.S. Presidential Scholar In The Arts - May 12, 2022