DreamBox Learning®, the K-8 digital math company that pioneered Intelligent Adaptive Learning™ technology, announced today that the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE) has selected DreamBox Learning Math to support teaching and learning during the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigate student learning loss. The SCDE will offer DreamBox Learning Math through June 2022 to 21 districts reaching more than 32,000 students in the most underserved communities in the state.
“We conducted an extensive evaluation of math solutions that could help our districts as we transition from emergency instruction towards ‘academic recovery,’ and DreamBox stood out as the only solution that is both proven to increase student achievement and able to provide actionable learning insights for our teachers,” said Dr. David Mathis, Deputy Superintendent at the SCDE. “DreamBox provides a prescriptive approach to help educators determine where students are in their learning, where they need to be, and a clear path to close that gap.”
Effective for in-person, hybrid, or remote learning and available in both English and Spanish, DreamBox uniquely personalizes the learning experience for each student through an engaging and motivating environment that adapts in real-time within and between math lessons based on how students are solving problems. DreamBox also offers educators interactive professional development courses to learn best practices for using DreamBox to teach online or in the classroom in ways that meet students exactly where they are.
Independent research conducted by Harvard’s Center for Education Policy Research shows that students who use DreamBox for just one hour a week improve their math scores by nearly 60% more than expected growth norms on benchmark and state tests. DreamBox has already shown measurable impact across South Carolina prior to the pandemic, including several of the largest districts, producing 1.42 to 1.96 grade levels of growth when students complete five or more lessons per week.
“We are delighted to partner with the South Carolina Department of Education to empower students across the state with an engaging, personalized, and effective math learning experience,” said Jessie Woolley-Wilson, DreamBox President and CEO. “We welcome the opportunity to help state departments and districts across the country instill math competence and confidence in their students, while supporting our invaluable educators every step of the way.”
Building Capacity for Teachers, Supporting At-Home Learning Guardians
While supporting South Carolina students, DreamBox has also introduced features to save educators time and help them connect with students and parents. These new features include:
- DreamBox Predictive Insights: To help educators identify where their students are in their learning, DreamBox Predictive Insights equips educators with monthly data points that show the progress their students are making against end-of-year expectations.
- Embedded Direct Messaging: While many teachers are challenged to connect with students during remote learning, DreamBox introduced an embedded messaging tool for teachers to send notes of encouragement, goals, and reminders to an individual student or the entire class.
- Professional Learning Library: DreamBox offers educators a variety of guided resources, including webinars and interactive learning guides, designed to help educators implement insights from student learning data and cultivate a positive math culture.
- Parent Dashboards: DreamBox provides parents and other home-based learning guardians with progress snapshots that highlight important learning milestones for their students.
South Carolina students and teachers join the more than 5 million students and 200,000 educators in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico, who are experiencing the positive impact of DreamBox.
To learn more about DreamBox, visit https://www.dreambox.com/.
About DreamBox Learning
DreamBox Learning, founded in 2006 in Bellevue, Washington, is the only K-8 digital math program powered by students, built by and for educators, and independently proven to positively impact student achievement. DreamBox dynamically adapts and differentiates in real time based not only on students’ answers, but also on how they solve problems. Along with actionable reporting and tools that empower differentiation for all learners, DreamBox gives teachers content-specific professional development and provides administrators with insights about how all students are progressing. The company’s pioneering platform has won more than 40 top education and technology industry awards and is used by 200,000 teachers and nearly 5 million students in all 50 states and throughout Canada and Mexico. For more information, visit http://www.dreambox.com/.
- TRACK IT FORWARD ANNOUNCES INTEGRATION WITH CLEVER SINGLE SIGN-ON - September 27, 2022
- New Report: Equity, Cybersecurity Top List of State Education Technology Priorities - September 26, 2022
- ReadSpeaker Announces Text-to-Speech Integration and Certified Partnership with Moodle, the World’s Largest Learning Platform - September 26, 2022