CLEVELAND, Ohio – With many school districts continuing to look for ways to help students who don’t have robust internet service at home maximize their learning potential, Charter Communications, Inc., which operates the Spectrum brand, today announced that Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) is deploying the Spectrum Enterprise Stay Connected K-12 solution as a multi-year solution. More than 5,300 families are anticipated to participate initially.
Stay Connected K-12 provides schools the ability to offer high-speed, cable broadband internet access directly to their students in their own homes so learning and teaching are uninterrupted. Students’ families are not billed for the service.
Stay Connected K-12 combines the robust speeds and rich features of Spectrum Internet with simplified program management and billing for local districts through Spectrum Enterprise. Users can enjoy:
- Download speeds up to 50 Mbps to support video collaboration and large file transfers.
- In-home WiFi to connect all of the WiFi enabled devices in the residence.
- Unlimited usage with no data caps, providing schools/districts with a consistent cost per user.
- Self-installation kit with modem and router that allows families to get connected quickly and easily, with no intervention required from schools/districts.
- 24/7/365 technical support, relieving schools/districts of the responsibility of technical support for the end-user connections.
Stay Connected K-12 also maximizes flexibility for districts, allowing them to add students to the program when needed, with no minimum term commitment on any of the connections.
“Through Stay Connected K-12, the Spectrum Enterprise team is helping close the digital divide, providing the high quality connectivity needed to have a successful educational experience,” said Bill Archer, Charter Executive Vice President and President of Spectrum Enterprise. “The turnkey solution is easy for school administrators to put into place, freeing them to maximize their focus on learning and student achievement.”
Charter has connected thousands of students and educators through Stay Connected K-12 agreements throughout its 41-state footprint, and is working with officials at the CMSD to connect students quickly.
“Our focus at CMSD is ensuring that all of our students receive a high-quality education. We foster this by creating an environment that empowers our teachers and challenges students to meet the highest expectations,” said Eric Gordon, CEO of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. “Stay Connected K-12 from Spectrum Enterprise is a key tool because internet access at home can create a richer, more satisfactory learning experience.”
CMSD families participating in the Stay Connected K-12 program should watch their mail for the Spectrum modems and follow the self-install instructions. Customer support is available 24 hours a day for assistance.
Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR) is a leading broadband connectivitycompany and cable operator serving more than 31 million customers in 41 states through its Spectrum brand. Over an advanced communications network, the company offers a full range of state-of-the-art residential and business services including Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice.
For small and medium-sized companies, Spectrum Business® delivers the same suite of broadband products and services coupled with special features and applications to enhance productivity, while for larger businesses and government entities, Spectrum Enterprise provides highly customized, fiber-based solutions. Spectrum Reach® delivers tailored advertising and production for the modern media landscape. The company also distributes award-winning news coverage, sports and high-quality original programming to its customers through Spectrum Networks and Spectrum Originals. More information about Charter can be found at corporate.charter.com.
- Elementary and Secondary Emergency School Relief (ESSER) Funds Allow for Improved Indoor Air Quality in U.S. Schools - August 18, 2022
- FEV Tutor Students Achieve Higher Growth Scores in ELA and Math on NWEA MAP Growth, STAR, and i-Ready Assessments - August 18, 2022
- Curriculum Associates’ i-Ready® Assessment Named to the Georgia Department of Education Approved List of Gifted Identification Screeners - August 18, 2022