SILVER SPRING, MD (Wednesday, April 6, 2022) — Discovery Education—the worldwide edtech leader whose state-of-the-art digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place—today announced it is making available a host of dynamic digital resources that will help students and teachers maintain learning momentum all summer either at home or in school.
A wide variety of digital resources now available from Discovery Education are specifically designed to integrate easily into school systems’ existing summer learning efforts. With these resources, teachers can create and customize turnkey assignments and track progress in real-time through the platform’s Quiz tool.
Among the resources available for integration into teacher-led learning summer instruction programs are:
- A Summer Learning Activity center linking to a host of resources, organized by grade-band, and subject that jumpstart student learning with engaging digital activities.
- A compelling collection of digital resources designed expressly for students in collaboration with trusted partner organizations for educational initiatives including Soar with Wings, Keys to Connect, and Cha-Ching Money Smart Kids.
- Student Learning Activities that feature absorbing student-led activities for every grade level.
- Discovery Education’s STEM Camp modules offering five fun days of activities, investigations, and innovative learning experiences.
In addition, Discovery Education is making resources available that bring families together for a summer of fun and learning. Among the collection of family-friendly summer learning resources developed by Discovery Education and its partners are:
- Learning at Home activities, which help students grow interests, sharpen skills, and have fun this summer outside of the classroom.
- Engaging resource collections from programs such as Science Fair Central, 3M Young Scientist Lab, Girls4Tech, and Amazing Me that stimulate the development of critical problem-solving skills.
- Discovery Education’s Virtual Field Trip series, which invites families on an exciting summer road trip exploring some of the world’s most iconic locations at no-cost.
Finally, to help educators continue their own professional learning during the summer months, Discovery Education is offering:
- A series of Interactive Courses highlighting new strategies for increasing student engagement with digital resources.
- Quick, convenient microlearning resources from Professional Learning NOW that cover relevant topics such as remote teaching and learning, SEL, and more.
- Ready, Set, RISE!, which supports a community of advocates through trauma-informed practices and strategies.
- eLearning modules from TGR EDU: Explore that support STEM instruction in the classroom.
“While everyone looks forward to relaxing and recharging over summer break, research shows that a summer learning program is beneficial to teachers and students from both the academic and social emotional learning perspectives,” said Amy Gensemer, Senior Director of K-12 Digital Instruction at Discovery Education. “Discovery Education is pleased to make this mix of powerful digital resources available and is excited to support all educators and students this summer wherever learning occurs.”
For more information about Discovery Education’s digital resources and professional learning services, visit www.discoveryeducation.com and stay connected with Discovery Education on social media through Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Discovery Education
Discovery Education is the worldwide edtech leader whose state-of-the-art digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place. Through its award-winning multimedia content, instructional supports, and innovative classroom tools, Discovery Education helps educators deliver equitable learning experiences engaging all students and supporting higher academic achievement on a global scale. Discovery Education serves approximately 4.5 million educators and 45 million students worldwide, and its resources are accessed in over 100 countries and territories. Inspired by the global media company Discovery, Inc., Discovery Education partners with districts, states, and trusted organizations to empower teachers with leading edtech solutions that support the success of all learners. Explore the future of education at www.discoveryeducation.com.
- Carnegie Learning Helps TX Districts Use TEA Funds with Hands-on Program - September 23, 2022
- DisplayNote Enables Parity for All Students by Adding Webcam and Mic Integration to their Screen Sharing Tool Broadcast - September 22, 2022
- Learning Without Tears Announces Assessments to Guide Instruction; Expanding Impact of Get Set for School®, a Complete Multisensory, Early Childhood Curriculum - September 21, 2022