Using federal funding for personnel expenses can seem daunting, but it can in fact be manageable with the right knowledge and tools in place.
Hiring additional reading and math coaches, counselors, school psychologists, and other support staff is a key strategy for meeting students’ academic and social-emotional learning needs.
When school systems use federal funding for personnel expenses, they must have a plan in place for tracking and reporting the time and effort that employees spend on grant-funded activities to protect current and future student support funding.
Join eSchool News and a panel of experts, including Kecia Ray, Ed.D, and Janet Hagood of Jefferson County Schools, to learn best practices and key strategies for completing this process successfully in your own district.
- Critical guidelines for hiring staff using federal funding
- Best practices for tracking grant-funded activities
- Essential steps for meeting federal funding compliance rules
- 9 TED-Ed Lessons about different holiday origins - November 23, 2022
- Learn how to modernize your K-12 financial operations - November 17, 2022
- Arne Duncan: College completion–not simply access–critical to nation’s future - November 17, 2022