ANDOVER, MASS. (July 27, 2021) – Edsby®, a multi award-winning, next generation K–12 learning management system (LMS), today released results of a new, recent “Grade Your LMS” poll. The research effort sought to better understand educators’ opinions about how well their current LMS platforms serve them. Satisfaction ratings indicate that educators expect more from conventional LMS platforms.
Key poll findings include:
- While 85 percent of respondents reported their district has a single, official LMS platform, more than one-third (36 percent) said they’re unsatisfied or unsure about how well their current platform meets their needs.
- No single capability of conventional K–12 LMS platforms received a “most satisfied” rating above 33 percent among poll respondents.
- Of all capabilities, parent engagement received the highest “most satisfied” rating. It’s one of the bright spots for LMS platforms over the last two years as families became more involved in their students’ coursework.
“As schools and districts plan for a mix of remote and in-person learning this fall, it’s important that educators know and trust their LMS platforms,” said John Myers, Edsby CEO. “A strong LMS platform makes all the difference. We’re honored that Edsby users who took the poll indicated a satisfaction rating that is 22 percentage points higher than users of other systems.”
Conducted during May 2021 by Edsby and C. Blohm & Associates ( CB&A), the poll includes insights from education professionals, administrators, technology directors, principals and teachers. Respondents were asked to grade their LMS platforms on seven key capabilities, with 1 being least satisfied and 5 being most satisfied. Poll respondents named Canvas, Schoology, Google Classroom, Desire2Learn, Blackboard, Edsby and others as their district’s LMS of record.
A free, downloadable report with complete poll results is available here.
Edsby is a next generation K-12 learning management system (LMS) with the broadest set of capabilities available in a single application made just for the specific needs of K-12. It goes beyond other LMSes, enabling improved teaching effectiveness and student success in and out of the classroom. Edsby features modern assessment and reporting, timesaving tools for teachers, analytics and more for the full spectrum of K-6 and 7-12 within a familiar, social-style user experience. Edsby has received more than 60 industry awards and distinctions. More information at https://edsby.com/.
- HSPA named a 5-Star Innovative School 2023 in The Educator report for Mastery Learning - November 29, 2023
- ParentPowered PBC Appoints new Chairman of the Board: Luis Duarte, Partner at Imaginable Futures, as Company Ushers in the Next Phase of Growth - November 28, 2023
- Ello, World’s Most Advanced AI Reading Coach Recognized by Common Sense Media as Top AI Tool - November 27, 2023