Immersive Technologies Benefit Research and Collaboration in Education
November 25, 2015
In today’s world, data is easy to come by. However, making use of that data can be a challenge. If you can visualize the data, it becomes easier for groups to collaborate and gain consensus between teams. To guide the right decisions about the information you’ve collected, advanced visualization immerses individuals and groups into simulated environments.
In simulation environments students can safely experience situations that happen in the real world. These virtual environments can immerse trainees in realistic conditions so they can practice their courses of action. A simulator can also provide for safety engineering, testing, training, improved performance, and education.
Read the paper, “Visualization and Simulation for Research and Collaboration,” to learn how today’s advanced technology allows for:
- Hologram environments where even the floor is a simulated environment
- Personal, self-contained environments
- 3D environments that allow user interaction via motion tracking
- Images seamlessly warped and blended on any object
- Unprecedented image fidelity using 4K resolution