Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
App of the week: Stack up your math skills
Math app helps young students develop addition, subtraction skills
What is it? This app helps children enjoy and learn math in an entertaining and fun way. In a short amount of time they will control numbers and solve addition and subtraction challenges.
Best for: Students 6-8
Requirements: iOS 6.0 or later
Features: The exercises that can be found in Mathcubes Addition and Subtraction cover a range of ages that go from 3 years old, to help students become familiar with numbers, up to 8 years old, with combined sums and subtraction operations. In Mathcubes children will see cubes jumping and bouncing around them, they will be able to throw them against each other, pile them up and drop them, interacting at a level never seen before.
Other features include:
- Adapted to encourage learning through experimentation.
- Intelligent system of exercises that allows adapting the difficulty to the child’s level.
- Prizes and rewards to motivate children and encourage its usage.
- All the exercises are strengthen by a system of utterances that works in several languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
- Alternative graphic set prepared especially for children with learning difficulties or visual challenges.