Step-by-Step Lessons in Overcoming ObstaclesAs leader of one of the poorest school districts in the US, Dr. Darryl Adams is undaunted and tireless. His charge? Support 20,000 preK-12–100% qualify for free or reduced lunches and 60% are English language learners–spread over 1220 square miles in the Coachella Valley Unified School District. Faced with alarming graduation and college competition rates, low achievement, and rampant poverty in his district, Dr. Adams took a step-by-step approach to devising a truly 21st century learning environment.
TechTalk K12 Blog:
The challenges in Dr. Adams’ district required innovative, out-of-the-box solutions. Watch these videos to learn how they overcame obstacles and created a 21st century learning environment.
NEW for Teachers
Digital Badge EdTech Courses
Digital Citizenship PackageAn ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If ever that wisdom applied, Digital Pilgrim, it’s now! Being fully fluent in issues related to digital citizenship helps all of us — teachers and students — be safe, productive, and, well, ourselves, online.
This course will equip you — and help you teach students — to do the following in the cybersphere:
- communicate effectively
- find and assess information you need
- safeguard your sensitive data
- keep your professional and personal lives separate
- understand regulations & protocol for child safety and student privacy
- keep healthy while using screens
- shop safely
- protect against fraud or identity theft
You’ll be able to:
- demonstrate mastery in digital citizenship
- create artifacts and documents you can use in class
- show proof of professional learning
- display a digital badge that signifies your expertise
Pressed for time?Choose the Digital Citizenship Micro-Badge Courses to grow your expertise and help your students stay safe and thrive in cyberspace.
Take advantage of our introductory offer that includes the Digital Citizenship Package and all courses we roll out through MAY 31, 2016.