- New cyber security standards attempt to help secure district networks through awareness.
- Dr. Matthew X. Joseph, Executive Director of Learning, Providence Public Schools on the power of human networks.
- How video creation tools can improve parental relations.
In this week’s Getting There: Innovations in Education, Editor at Large Kevin Hogan explores how education leaders are identifying the best practices that emerged from their COVID learning plans.…Read More
In this episode: Taking lessons from pandemic teaching, Instilling empathy takes center stage in getting students back to school, and how to improve parent communication.…Read More
- LearnPlatform CEO Karl Rectanus goes behind the numbers in the 2021 EdTech Top 40.
- Hero Award-winning Navaho Prep breaks down how to network the country’s most remote district.
For Mark Dean, Senior Systems Administrator at Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) in Atlanta, Georgia, the cybersecurity war is a never-ending tit for tat with what he calls the ransomware people. Think you have built-in redundancy? They are already after it. In this premiere episode of Innovations in Education—Higher Ed, Mark discusses his strategies for keeping the data, and more importantly, the people safe online at this prestigious institution. MSM is among the nation’s leading educators of primary care physicians, biomedical scientists and public health professionals. An independent, private and historically Black medical school, MSM works to increase patient access to high-quality care and eliminate health disparity in underserved communities.…Read More
As the second-largest district in California, San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) has more than 121,000 students enrolled across its 181 schools. The district’s student population is extremely diverse. Nearly 6,000 teachers are in classrooms at the district’s various educational facilities, which include 117 traditional elementary schools, nine, K-8 schools, 24 traditional middle schools, 22 high schools, 49 charter schools, 13 alternative schools, and five additional program sites.…Read More