Blending Traditional and Online Learning 101: Best Practices to Get Your School Started

Moderated by Kevin Hogan, eSchool News, Content Director

Today, the blending of traditional classroom instruction with online learning is bridging the achievement gap and marking the biggest single shift in public education in more than 100 years. Innovative public schools are opting for blended or hybrid classroom environments, with 70% of learning taking place in a traditional brick-and-mortar setting and the remaining 30% of learning happening online. Hybrid models offer a powerful mix of synchronous and asynchronous learning styles, enabling students to master core content online while deepening critical thinking, problem solving and application of content mastery in a face-to-face setting. Blended or hybrid learning models not only make pedagogical sense, they also make financial sense.

This presentation, presented by Aventa Learning/K12, Inc. in partnership with the Santa Clara County of Education, will offer real-world examples of how schools can successfully incorporate a hybrid model.

Attendees will gain a better understanding of why a blended learning model:
– Successfully attracts and/or retains students and teachers
– Builds a broader range of engaging and rigorous courses and instructors
– Provides financial and educational benefits
– Adds a customized, online learning solution to your culture

Please click through to page 2 to view the archive…

Webinar Speakers:

Gregg Levin
Vice President Schools and Solutions
Aventa Learning/K12, Inc.

Kelly Schwirzke
Coordinator of Instructional Technology
Santa Clara County of Education

Sponsored by:

Powered by:

[stream base=x:/ flv=eSchool_120910.flv img=x:/ embed=false share=false width=450 height=253 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]

eSchool News uses cookies to improve your experience. Visit our Privacy Policy for more information.