Date: October 12, 2010
Time: 2:00 pm ET / 11:00 am PT
Duration: One hour
View the archive now
Come spend an hour with BookJams author and California’s 2007 Teacher of the Year Alan Sitomer as he hosts a webinar on how to sensibly incorporate technology and new literacies.
Your benefits of participating will include:
- Understanding why the bells and whistles of technology will not replace the need for students to critically read, write and think
- Seeing how cutting edge tech tools can (and should) coexist side-by-side with projects that can be done by candlelight.
- Recognizing that successfully incorporating technology in today’s classroom BEGINS WITH THE WRITING!
- Getting comfortable with the idea that technology is evolving at such a rapid pace that there is no more “keeping up”.
- Re-conceptualizing our methodologies so that we can allow students to demonstrate their full capabilities without unnecessarily holding them back simply because we, the educators, do not have the same technological abilities that they, the students, possess.
Award Winning Author, Literacy Expert and California Teacher of the Year