Worry-free Strategies for School Laptop Management
Moderated by Kevin Hogan, eSchool News, Editor-at-Large
Date: Wednesday, Feb 03, 2010
Time: 2:00 pm ET / 11:00 am PT
Duration: One hour (15 mins for Q&A)
Laptops are becoming an essential part of education, but the difficulty of managing them has serious consequences for students and staff. Many districts have found that loss or theft can be costly, damaging student morale and hurting limited budgets. However, implementing secure, cost-effective 1:1 programs has proved difficult, requiring a great deal of administrative effort.
Join us on February 3rd for a discussion with a district IT leader that has found an easy, cost-effective way to manage a 1:1 program. Joe Fives, Director of Technology and Information Services for Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools, will share his experience securing his students’ technology resources in an area with a high crime rate.
Learn how a proactive school district:
- Tracks over 6,000 MacBook® computers, even when they leave school networks
- Drives down theft rates, bringing peace of mind to students and teachers
- Recovered several missing laptops and even one runaway student!
- Got school board and grant approvals for technology objectives
- Applies tracking for IT administrative tasks
Director of Technology and Information Services
Kansas City, Kansas Public School District