Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
App of the week: TI-Nspire™
What is it? Texas Instruments has optimized its most powerful handheld technology for an all-in-one iPad app. Helps with math mastery through comprehensive graphing, data entry and analysis, statistical modeling and calculating functionality.
Best for: High school students.
Requirements: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Import images from the iPad camera or photo library and overlay graphs and equations on them to illustrate abstract math principles in the real world.
- Visualize connections by observing how equations change—in real time, on one screen—when you touch, grab and interact with shapes, graphs and objects on the screen.
- Graph functions, inequalities, implicit functions, conic sections, scatter plots, statistical plots and regression models, 3D graphs, parametric, polar and differential equations.
- Enter equations in proper math notation so math symbols and formulas on the screen are identical to those in text books and on the board.
- Gain greater understanding by exploring hundreds of free activities for Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Statistics, Pre-Calculus and more from the online Math Nspired resource center.
- Create and store work on your iPad, and share it using your Email or Dropbox account.