Date: Thursday, May 3, 2012
Time: 3:00pm ET / 12:00 noon PT
Duration: 1 hour
Sponsors: TechSmith & EduVision by JDL Horizons
The Flipped-Mastery Classroom
Sign up for this free webinar to learn more about Flipped Learning and how to reach all of your students in every class every day. Whether you attended Part I or not, this webinar will discuss the Flipped-Mastery Classroom. Flipped Learning is when educators actively transfer the responsibility and ownership of learning to their students.
Flipped learning happens when the teacher’s lecture is delivered to students via video outside of the classroom. Then traditional class time is used for active problem solving and one-to-one or small group tutoring with the teacher. Mastery learning occurs when students learn a series of objectives at their own pace instead of all students working on the same topic at the same time.
The flipped-mastery classroom marries that with modern technology to make a sustainable, reproducible, and manageable environment for learning. This session is sponsored by two of the major supporters of this ideology: EduVision by JDL Horizons and TechSmith, maker of Camtasia software.
What you will learn:
- How teachers are mastering Flipped Learning in elementary and secondary schools for all disciplines.
- How students can work in small groups or individually at an appropriate pace in a flipped class.
- How teachers can assess the content students are learning.
- Best practices for engaging students in experiments, or other hands-on learning activities.
- Information on the Flipped Learning Conference this June in Chicago.
Click through to page 2 to view the archive…