Human Capital Management: How to Save Money and Keep Employees Happy
Click the image below to view the webinar.
School districts rely on their teachers and staff to keep their students safe, supported, and educated. But who is taking care of them? The ‘human capital’ of a school district is extremely important. It’s also costly. How do districts retain employees while keeping costs down? It starts with better human capital management. From hire to retire, employees are your most valuable asset. Don’t lose them to cuts and lay-offs due to a lack of opportunity for efficiencies with the absence of an automated solution. Hear from Cherokee County Schools as they explore topics such as:
- Need a handle on position control. Know how many positions and what you are paying them.
- The life cycle of an employee plays an important role in the overall success of a school district. The onboarding experience should be a seamless integration for the new employee into the district.
- Hiring is not as simple as finding the right candidate. Many factors are involved including looking at the diversity of your staff. HCM can support these efforts.
- “Aligning People, Processes, & Technology” means everyone has to be on the same page.
- If decisions are being made without the facts or in different systems, how can you be sure it’s the right decision?
- Fiscal responsibility doesn’t only fall on Finance’s shoulders. Working together to secure the right solution to meet all needs is critical.
- Compliance with policies; no “one-offs”. Manage your policies; if they aren’t working, change them.
- Good onboarding and offboarding experience (hire to retire)
- Pay them accurately and on time