Web 2.0 and Beyond: Protecting your Network from Emerging Security Threats
Date: March 18th, 2010
Time: 2:00 pm ET/ 11:00 am PT
Duration: One hour (15 minutes for Q&A)
School IT directors have to deal with a growing list of internet threats that can affect student safety, compromise networks, and expose district officials to legal liability. What’s more, the nature of these threats is constantly evolving, as crooks and hackers get more sophisticated in their attempts to steal sensitive student or school data.
IT directors have to stay one step ahead of these efforts, but they also must find the right balance between protecting their networks and allowing students to explore the kinds of Web 2.0 tools that are important to fostering key 21st-century skills. This delicate balancing act requires a blend of the right policies and technologies that can address each school’s unique needs.
In this FREE webinar from M86 Security (formerly M8e6 Technologies), you’ll:
- Receive advice on how you can effectively protect your network despite cuts in budgets
- Discover ways to be CIPA compliant—without compromising the learning process
- Learn how to foresee inbound malware threats and ensure privacy of data
- Discover the complexities of network de-perimeterization due to 1:1 initiatives
- Learn how to educate your district against internet threats
- Discover the newest real-time malware detection technologies to combat attacks
Network Security Analyst
Duval County Public Schools
VP Technology Strategy