What is it? Wanderful Storybooks Sampler presents pages from seven award-winning children’s books like “Little Monster At School”, “Arthur’s Teacher Trouble”, “Arthur’s Birthday”, “Berenstein Bears Get In A Fight”, “Harry and the Haunted House”, “Tortoise and the Hare” and “Ruff’s Bone.” These are fully interactive and animated apps, originally published as Living Books, and provide education for early learners—teaching them words, word sounds, sentences and story-telling.
Best for? Young learners
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5; Requires Android 2.3.3 and up.
• Entire first page of each story is included
• Page is fully animated and interactive with virtually every character and word coming to life when tapped
• English only; English and Spanish when the storybook app is purchased
• All words are recorded twice and are fully “active” for extended word play and language learning
• A hidden surprise is on each page
• Multiple settings to customize your child’s reading experience
• Parental tips to help you get the most of the app
• Teacher Resources: a 36 page overview of Wanderful Storybooks Classroom Activities and a preview of the “Tortoise and the Hare” Classroom Activities Guide
- #4: 25 education trends for 2018 - December 26, 2018
- Video of the Week: Dealing with digital distraction in the classroom - February 23, 2018
- Secrets from the library lines: 5 ways schools can boost digital engagement - January 2, 2018