Dyslexia is the most common disability affecting young learners today, with 5 to 20 percent of the student population affected, say some studies.
Dyslexic learners struggle in school and often do not receive the help they need due to a lack of educator and parental awareness. In order to reverse the negative academic trajectory these students often face, awareness is a crucial first step in helping learners get the help they need.
The following true/false quiz addresses many of the common myths and misunderstandings surrounding the learning disability. See how you score on this awareness test!
1. Dyslexia is a disease.
2. Dyslexia can be cured.
3. Dyslexic individuals can acquire reading and literacy skills at any age.
4. Dyslexic individuals have a limited capacity for learning.
5. Writing words and numbers backwards is an early sign of dyslexia.
6. Dyslexia is often associated with difficulty in solving problems.
Take this short #dyslexia #quiz to measure your awareness!
7. Dyslexia is hereditary.
8. There are upsides to dyslexia.
9. At its core, dyslexia is a disability associated with vision problems.
10. Dyslexic learners are protected by federal law.
(Next page: Dyslexia questions answered)