Dyslexia is the most common disability affecting young learners today, with 5 to 20 percent of the student population affected, say some studies.
Dyslexic learners struggle in school and often do not receive the help they need due to a lack of educator and parental awareness. In order to reverse the negative academic trajectory these students often face, awareness is a crucial first step in helping learners get the help they need.
The following true/false quiz addresses many of the common myths and misunderstandings surrounding the learning disability. See how you score on this awareness test!
1. Dyslexia is a disease.
2. Dyslexia can be cured.
3. Dyslexic individuals can acquire reading and literacy skills at any age.
4. Dyslexic individuals have a limited capacity for learning.
Take this short #dyslexia #quiz to measure your awareness!
5. Writing words and numbers backwards is an early sign of dyslexia.
6. Dyslexia is often associated with difficulty in solving problems.
7. Dyslexia is hereditary.
8. There are upsides to dyslexia.
9. At its core, dyslexia is a disability associated with vision problems.
10. Dyslexic learners are protected by federal law.
(Next page: Dyslexia questions answered)