As a technology user, I have over the years:
- Dropped and broken my phone’s screen
- Spilled liquid on my laptop’s keyboard, frying the motherboard
- Pulled the cord out a device, breaking off the connection
- Pushed a monitor off my desk onto the floor
- Left my computer bag on top of my car’s roof, and driven off
These acts were, believe me, unintentional. The costs of these mistakes wound up coming out of my own pocket.
So I have a degree of sympathy when our students bring their Chromebooks in for repair. Stuff happens to even the most careful technology user.…Read More