Qualities teachers should look for when using eLearning tools
Teachers might look at the International Society for Technology in Education’s NETS Standards to inform the design and development of curricular activities and inform e-Learning tool choices. Other professional standards to consider may include:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Learner-Centered Psychological Principles, 1997;
- The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (2001);
- The National Staff Development Council (NSDC) Standards for Staff Development (2001a) and Standards for e-Learning Professional Development (2001b); and
- The Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) Standards for Online Staff Development, 2004.
Teacher professional development in the summer can be authentic, engaging, flexible, meaningful, and productive. The best professional development activities align with professional standards and produce changes in instructional practices in the classroom.
Denise Douglas-Faraci, EdD, serves as an adjunct professor and a course lead at Kaplan University.
- COVID learning loss likely to linger without intensive work - May 29, 2023
- How to elevate climate literacy for future scientists - May 29, 2023
- How to reimagine teacher leadership - May 26, 2023