White Plains, N.Y., October 1, 2009 — eScholar LLC, the leader in education data management software, has announced the release of the eScholar Complete Data Warehouse® for Postsecondary (CDW-PS). This new product extends the data model of the eScholar Complete Data Warehouse® to now include not only early childhood and P-12 education data but also a wide-range of education data specific to postsecondary issues.
“We worked closely with a number of our leading customers to ensure that this new product met the needs of State Education Agencies looking to implement postsecondary Longitudinal Data Systems,” said eScholar product manager Russ Redgate. “We also worked with them to ensure that the postsecondary product could be easily combined with an existing eScholar Complete Data Warehouse® for PK-12 implementation or any other data warehouse to provide a complete solution for a P-20 Longitudinal Data System.”
The highlights of this new product, which is available immediately, include:
· Comprehensive Data Model containing over 500 postsecondary-specific data elements representing institution and campus attributes, facts, and history, student and staff demographics, qualifications, student educational background, courses, course enrollment, degrees earned, financial aid, transfer information and more.
· Browser-based Data Submission and Management enabling intuitive data submission by both state education agencies and public and private institutions in a centralized or decentralized environment
· Packaged Data Transformation and Load Routines to integrate data from disparate system-wide data sources into a central repository enabling longitudinal and multidimensional analysis across multiple functional areas
· Configurable Data Quality Control to prevent unauthorized and erroneous data from entering the warehouse
· Data Quality and Validation Reporting to more easily identify data quality issues according to user-configurable rules
· Error handling routines that produce error logs organized by error type to assist in troubleshooting data quality issues
· Open, published data structure supporting compatibility with any ODBC-compliant Reporting, Analysis or OLAP Tool
“Our experience with eScholar has been exceptional. Not only have they provided us with extraordinary service during the product development phase, but the ultimate product has exceeded our expectations,” said David Tandberg, Special Assistant at the Pennsylvania Department of Education. “With eScholar CDW for Postsecondary we will have access to a wealth of student level data which will enable us to, among other things, do sophisticated analyses of student progression and pipeline issues, produce high school feedback reports, and research answers to some of the more difficult questions facing higher education policymakers. Of course what will ultimately allow us to accomplish these tasks is the fact that we have in place both the eScholar CDW for Postsecondary and the CDW for PK-12.”
“Putting in place a complete solution to support P-20 Longitudinal Data Systems is critical to our long term efforts to help SEAs improve the overall effectiveness and quality of education” said Shawn Bay, eScholar CEO and Founder. “eScholar has worked closely with our customers to provide a complete platform that can enable them realize their goal of having a P-20 LDS to support early childhood through life-time learners as well as meet the requirements of a statewide LDS as defined by both the Data Quality Campaign and IES.”
eScholar is the nation’s leading education data management company focused exclusively on improving education by providing educators with the most effective data management tools possible. eScholar products are the most broadly deployed data warehousing and student/staff identification systems. eScholar customers are realizing significant improvements in their ability to meet mandated reporting requirements but more importantly in their ability to improve pre-K through postsecondary student achievement. The eScholar Complete Data Warehouse® products are the most comprehensive solutions available for integrating, cleansing, and managing thousands of education related data elements. The eScholar Uniq-ID® products are the leaders in generating, assigning, and managing statewide unique student and staff identifiers. Relied on by 11 state education agencies and over 3,500 districts across the country, eScholar products are transforming the way educators use data.