The 9th annual ALAS Summit on Hispanic Education is an opportunity for K-12 leaders to explore, address, and examine issues, best practices, resources, and successes in the education of ELL students with an emphasis on Hispanic youth.
Those who attend will experience dynamic keynote speakers and break-out sessions chosen to meet the specific challenges facing school and district leaders. The conference takes place Oct. 10-13 at the InterContinental Hotel in Miami, Florida.
Pre-conference Site Visits To High Performing Miami-Dade County Public Schools
A highlight of the 9th Annual ALAS Summit on Hispanic Education is our Miami-Dade school visits to see first-hand “what works: in urban education settings. View listings, schedule and additional information.
Online registration for site visits
If you have already registered for the summit and would like to be a part of the school visits, please go back to the registration page and add your site visit option and pay the additional $30. Please note that Imagine Learning School visit is complimentary. To register for this school only, go to www.imaginelearning.com/alas.
Keynote and Featured Speakers Include:
• Dr. Bill Daggett – Founder and Chairman, International Center for Leadership in Education
• Mr. Alberto Carvalho – Superintendent, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
• Mr. Tony Plana – Movie and Television Actor and International Speaker
• Dr. Joanne Urrutia – U.S. Department of Education
• Ms. Martha Kanter – Under Secretary of Education
• Ms. Jeannette Torres-Alvarez – Author and Television Personality – sponsored by Discovery Education
For more information, on summit, hotel, sponsorship, visit us online at www.alasedu.net
- ‘Buyer’s remorse’ dogging Common Core rollout - October 30, 2014
- Calif. law targets social media monitoring of students - October 2, 2014
- Elementary world language instruction - September 25, 2014