App name: Choiceworks
What is it? The Choiceworks app is an essential learning tool for helping children complete daily routines (morning, day, & night), understand & control their feelings and improve their waiting skills (taking turns and not interrupting).
Best for: Students with autism and educators working with students with autism
Requirements: iOS 6.0 or later
Features: Created with the support of leading hospitals and child development specialists, this app is designed for caregivers to provide clear and consistent support to foster a child’s independence, positive behavior, and emotional regulation at home and in the community. It can also be customized for teachers in a school setting.
- Three boards: Schedule, Waiting, and Feelings
- Three Companion Books supporting each board
- Image Library preloaded with over 180 images and audio
- Add your own images and record your own audio for limitless customizability
- Easily create profiles to personalize and manage multiple users
- Save an unlimited number of boards for multiple children or different routines
- Speaks boards out loud with professionally recorded audio
- Time saving essentials like search and auto-save
- Share boards by Email or iTunes File Sharing with other Choiceworks app users
- Ability to print boards or save as PDF