What is it? Take a 3D tour of the Universe with Professor Brian Cox as your guide, in arrangement with the BBC. Cox provides insight in over 200 interactive articles pinned to the stars, planets, galaxies, and other wonders modeled in 3D, written in his accessible style and accompanied by two and a half hours of video from the BBC TV series “Wonders of the Solar System” and “Wonders of the Universe.” The app also includes hundreds of infographics and images of space objects supplied by astronomy experts, NASA, and other space researchers.
Best for: Any student interested in the Universe; Science curriculum.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Explore the entire Universe in 7 interlinked scales from sub-atomic to the edge of the known Universe, or take Cox’s tours.
- Two-and-a-half hours of BBC video from the Wonders TV series (requires wifi).
- 50+ 3D models of planets, moons, galaxies and nebulae to discover.
- Over 200 interactive articles by Cox telling the story of the Universe
- Hundreds of images from around the cosmos
- High resolution graphics optimized for the new iPad.
- #4: 25 education trends for 2018 - December 26, 2018
- Video of the Week: Dealing with digital distraction in the classroom - February 23, 2018
- Secrets from the library lines: 5 ways schools can boost digital engagement - January 2, 2018