What is it? Designed for the home and classroom by the Smithsonian Science Education Center and Filament Games, this game teaches students how to describe movement and motion while visiting rare animals at the Smithsonian National Zoological Park. Each animal has coloring-page printouts, so you can print and color your favorite critter.
Best for: Ages 3-5
Requirements: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- It can be played on the web and select tablets.
- Shutterbugs is a learning game aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core, and previous national standards.
- Children will follow Ada, the zookeeper, and be on the lookout for animals that are swimming, running, wiggling, and stomping.
- The kids will be equipped with a virtual camera to take pictures of the animals as they perform those motions.
- Once a child has mastered a vocabulary word, he or she will get access to a printable coloring page.
- #4: 25 education trends for 2018 - December 26, 2018
- Video of the Week: Dealing with digital distraction in the classroom - February 23, 2018
- Secrets from the library lines: 5 ways schools can boost digital engagement - January 2, 2018