This app helps students navigate the often-tricky world of digital citizenship
Name: Learning.com Digital Citizenship App
What is it? This app provides students with information and instruction on online safety, ethical use of digital resources, and cyberbullying.
Best for: Middle and high school students and teachers.
Price: Learning.com is enlisting districts to pilot the app for free in mid-April; full availability, including pricing, will be announced in the fall of 2014.
Requirements: iOS or Android
- Provides an easy-to-implement curriculum about online safety, cyberbullying, and the ethical use of digital resources.
- Available on tablet and mobile devices for both iOS and Android.
- Interface, content, lessons, and activities are specifically geared towards middle and high school students.
- The app self-guided, yet ensures that students have a strong grasp of instructional objectives by requiring students to complete a quiz.
- Instructional objectives are aligned to Digital Citizenship Standards, part of the ISTE Standards for Students.
- Helps districts address the online safety and cyberbullying instruction requirement of eRate, and provides reports to show compliance.
- Supports BYOD and 1:1 programs by helping districts ensure that students know how to use devices safely and ethically.
- How many teachers are effective reading instructors? - April 7, 2021
- 10 online music education tools - April 2, 2021
- 7 predictions about fall back-to-school with COVID - April 1, 2021