Educators have a new assessment resources for Common Core implementation
Edulastic is a web-based formative assessment platform that helps teachers prepare and deliver effective Common Core curricula by simultaneously improving the assessment creation, assignment, and grading processes.
The Common Core’s rigorous standards present significant new challenges to teachers by asking them to ensure every student is mastering a wide range of skill sets. To help students meet the new standards and practice using critical thinking to solve real-world problems, teachers will find value in delivering personalized instruction that is based on formative assessments. By providing existing assessment content for free, alongside rich question authoring options, teachers have access to empowering resources in one place—making teaching and formative assessments easier.
Edulastic helps educators achieve their Common Core curriculum objectives in several ways:
- Provides meaningful homework solutions and daily assessments for evaluating and supporting student mastery of Common Core standards.
- Enables teachers to craft standards-aligned formative assessments with highly interactive, freeform questions defined by Smarter Balanced & PARCC.
- Offers free curated content that includes thousands of standards-aligned questions crafted by other teachers.
- Provides insights into student proficiency at an aggregate and individual level, enabling teachers to identify areas where a student needs personalized instruction, intervention or remediation.
- Facilitates the adoption of benchmarked standardized assessments through a collaborative evaluation process that can be applied across districts and within broader learning communities.
Edulastic allows teachers to use day-to-day assessment insights to shape learning outcomes. By giving teachers a new level of pedagogical ownership, Edulastic uses homework and in-class assignments as the basis for continuous and comprehensive evaluations.
“We’ve placed an emphasis on making it easy for teachers to create, share and adopt proven assessment strategies,” said Madhu Narasa, CEO of Edulastic. “We want to accelerate student learning—and help relieve stress associated with assessments and the Common Core implementation process—while delivering timely and useful information for students, educators, parents, and policymakers.”