Reasons why young people consider academic writing their worst nightmare vary, but often it is just a lack of information and inspiration
All teachers and educators are familiar with such a problem of every student as writing. Often, it appears to be very difficult for them to write an essay, accomplish a writing task, come up with a great book/article review, etc.
Reasons why young people consider academic writing their worst nightmare can be different, but very often it is just a lack of information and inspiration. How can you help your students here, taking into account the fact they do love modern techs today and do not miss any chance to search the internet for information they are interested in?
Besides dozens of tools students can download to their mobile devices and use for writing, there are many useful and really informative online resources for them to check and try when the help with academic writing is exactly what they need at the moment.
As their teacher, you are welcome to advise your students some of the following: Research:
- Coursera – one of the most valuable resources every student must know and visit, as it provides free courses on different fields from many prestigious universities.
- Brainy Quote – a place for students to find citations for their papers. This is one of the biggest online collections of quotes from different authors.
(Next page: More tools to improve writing)
- How we moved professional learning to virtual facilitation - April 9, 2021
- The education system failed lower-income students–edtech can fix it - April 9, 2021
- How I used tech to help students help themselves - April 8, 2021