PlayShifu combines real figurines with digital gameplay to bring alive all-time favorite
board games & more
Cupertino, California (June 1, 2021) – The first-ever phygital board game platform using iPads,
Tacto is built on innovative touch technology and AI to turn screen time into family time. Tacto
uses real figurines to drive the gameplay on screen and adds immense richness, variety, and
storytelling to the experience. Tacto is the third flagship line from PlayShifu—the pioneers behind
Plugo and Orboot—who is revolutionizing the way Gen Alpha plays and learns.
The new product launch follows a year of rapid revenue growth and a successful $17 million
Series B fundraise for PlayShifu.
The initial 200 product testers gave Tacto raving reviews. “My five year old loves Tacto games.
They pique his imagination and keep him occupied,” said a parent from California. “Y’all knocked
it out of the park with this one. I love it and so do the kids,” said a homeschooling parent from
Texas. Four of the six Tacto game sets—Tacto Classics, Laser, Coding and Chess—will be
available on PlayShifu.com and Amazon starting June 1st, with Tacto Electronics and Tacto Dino
rolling out in July. Each Tacto set is priced at $49.99 and comes with a unique set of figurines and
frames to securely hold the tablet in place. All six gaming sets work with the free Tacto app, and
have three or more story-based games with hundreds of levels in each.
“With screen time for children ages four to nine as averaging as high as five hours every day,
PlayShifu is on a mission to help parents convert their children’s screen time into hands-on
educational playtime,” said co-founder and CEO, Vivek Goyal. “We are thrilled to introduce our
Tacto line and continue to positively integrate physical and digital play to develop foundational
learning skills for kids around the world,” added co-founder, Dinesh Advani.
Designed for ages four and up, the all-new gaming sets include:
● Tacto Classics: add a fun twist of storytelling to all-time favorite board games – Legends
of Ludo, Trolls & Ladders, PBJ Checkers, Ninja Tic-Tac-Toe. Outwit your friends and family
in brain-teasing strategy games and develop planning skills and foundational math along
● Tacto Laser: explore the science of light with thrilling story-based games. Reflect the light
or split it into seven colors to overcome obstacles and develop problem-solving skills.
● Tacto Coding: program your way through each level with story-based gameplay. Use
visual cues to code as a beginner or use Scratch if you’re familiar with the basics.
● Tacto Chess: traditional chess figurines meet modern characters in digital gameplay.
Learn to play the ultimate strategy game through a unique AI-driven learning mode or
battle it out in story-based settings with family or friends.
● Tacto Electronics: make your tablet a hands-on yet shockproof circuit lab. Build 50+
gadgets in thrilling game environments and create 500+ circuits on a digital breadboard.
● Tacto Dino: loaded with interactive games and activities for dino-loving children, this
dinosaur game set takes kids back in time to the prehistoric world.
For more information on PlayShifu and to stay up to date on company news and product
launches, visit PlayShifu.com and follow PlayShifu on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
PlayShifu is the leading early learning toy company offering a variety of immersive and
educational toys that connect the physical and digital worlds. The play experiences are specially
designed for kids ages 4 to 12 years and build foundational, STEAM skills through fun. Founded in
2016 by Dinesh Advani and Vivek Goyal after they saw a need to provide meaningful digital play
experiences for their kids, PlayShifu is now loved around the world. With offices in the U.S. and
Bangalore, India, PlayShifu products are available in more than 35 countries through online
marketplaces including Amazon and brick and mortar locations, including Sam’s Club, BestBuy,
Argos, Toys‘R’Us, Hamleys, Virgin Media, and Rakuten. To purchase and find out more, visit
- Flinn Scientific Offers New Laboratory Safety Certification Courses for Teachers for Free - August 19, 2022
- Elementary and Secondary Emergency School Relief (ESSER) Funds Allow for Improved Indoor Air Quality in U.S. Schools - August 18, 2022
- FEV Tutor Students Achieve Higher Growth Scores in ELA and Math on NWEA MAP Growth, STAR, and i-Ready Assessments - August 18, 2022