myTeachSource aims to offer personalized and paced professional learning in digital form
ASCD has launched ASCD myTeachSource–a classroom-focused, teacher-driven digital subscription that delivers monthly topic packs on popular instructional strategies.
The new product, which debuted at the 2015 ASCD Conference on Educational Leadership in San Diego, Calif., is designed for ease of use and is accessible from computers or mobile devices. Teachers can learn about all of the product’s features and sign up for a free trial at myteachsource.ascd.org.
“At ASCD, we strive to provide professional learning solutions to meet the diverse needs of all educators, and the launch of ASCD myTeachSource is the next major step in that mission,” said Deborah S. Delisle, ASCD executive director and CEO. “This digital subscription product will empower teachers to take charge of their own professional learning by accessing the resources most relevant to them at the times when new tools, strategies, and ideas are needed the most. We look forward to getting teachers started with myTeachSource and to also see how new tools and content will continue to develop the product over time.”
ASCD myTeachSource is currently available free for all ASCD members and can also be purchased as a stand-alone annual subscription for $29 per year. Subscriptions are available at a discount when purchased for a group of teachers or school team.
The product features include
• Practical, evidence-based articles, tools, links, and discussion prompts delivered as part of monthly topic packs. Current topic packs include formative assessment, classroom management, and student engagement, and new packs will be added each month.
• Video content that models best practices.
• Actionable tools, such as checklists, reproducibles, and rubrics to enable teachers to put what they’ve learned into practice. Starting in December, new resources―articles, videos, or tools―will be added weekly.
• Discussion threads that enable teachers to share their knowledge and learn from one another.
ASCD myTeachSource is designed to enable personalized professional learning paced and driven by the individual user. Users can customize their learning experience by taking notes within the platform, saving favorite content, using tags to create collections, and filtering relevant topics. All saved notes, favorites, and tags will be available users from the menu at any time during navigation.
“Each of us at ASCD is thrilled to introduce ASCD myTeachSource to our valued members and to teachers everywhere,” said Jim Hemgen, managing director of professional learning services for ASCD. “This product was designed with teachers’ realities in mind, particularly the countless demands on their time and the need to access actionable professional learning within a tight schedule. We’re excited to provide a performance support product that will serve teachers with relevant content that is easy to consume on any device.”
Teachers can learn much more and register for a free trial at myteachsource.ascd.org. For more information about ASCD memberships, visit www.ascd.org/membership. You can also find out more about ASCD’s other programs, products, and services at www.ascd.org.
Material from a press release was used in this report.
- 4 ways school leaders can target the homework gap - March 24, 2023
- Discover how edtech makes your teaching more effective and efficient - March 23, 2023
- Could nearly half of cybersecurity leaders leave their roles by 2025? - March 21, 2023