4. The Shadowpuppet app helps students create videos of work samples, provide voice recordings, and put pictures with text.
5. Recap, which teachers could use to ask students to summarize chapters from assigned reading, is a video response reflection tool that lets students respond to prompts from their teachers.
6. Seesaw is a learning journal that empowers students to keep track of their learning and create digital portfolios. Students are able to share their work with peers and parents.
7. Qball is a throwable, wireless microphone that is soft and fun for students to use. It could make speaking in front of class a bit more fun and less intimidating for nervous students, and it also mutes automatically when in motion.
8. Visuwords shows students the definitions of and connections between words via a web design and a color-coded key.
9. TeleStory lets students write, direct and star in their own television show, commercial or informative video. They can choose from themes and digital costumes.
10. GeoGebra is mathematics software that brings together geometry, algebra, spreadsheets, graphing, statistics and calculus.
11. Using Swipespeare, students can convert Shakespearean language into plain English with a single swipe.
12. Along the same lines as Swipespeare, Rewordify simplifies difficult English words. Students copy and paste sentences, paragraphs, whole chapters or web addresses into the site and difficult words are highlighted with synonyms. The site also offers vocabulary-building exercises and reading comprehension skills.
13. Arduino, suited for makerspaces or STEM labs, is an open-source electronic prototyping platform enabling users to create interactive electronic objects.
14. 3Doodler is a 3D pen with a plastic filament output that is molded into a 3D representation of what users draw.
15. Socratic offers homework answers and math help. Students can take a photo of their math problems and get instant step-by-step help.
- 5 innovative ways educators are using digital learning tools - March 15, 2023
- Use these 5 learner-centered models to inspire educators - March 10, 2023
- 5 K-12 IT insights from IT leaders - March 7, 2023