CONSHOHOCKEN, PA [JULY 28] – The AIM Institute for Learning & Research is excited to announce a new partnership with the Mississippi Department of Education and the North Mississippi Education Consortium to provide 1,600 Mississippi teachers and education leaders with customized literacy training to help schools support a culture of literacy and provide teachers with tools, resources and support to implement new techniques into classroom practice.
“The opportunity for AIM Institute for Learning and Research to collaborate with Mississippi teachers and leaders as they continue on their path to reading excellence is thrilling,” said Dr. Cynthia Hadicke, Director of Client Success and Implementation at AIM. “AIM Pathways courses have extensive opportunities for teachers to apply their knowledge of the science of reading with their students. Knowing the science of reading is important, but its application is critical.”
AIM will offer AIM Institute for Learning and Research’s Pathways Professional Development courses to assist teachers and leaders in furthering their ability to apply the Science of Reading in the classroom, while supporting Mississippi’s mission to prepare students to compete in a global community.
AIM Pathways will offer two hybrid courses customized for Mississippi teachers and leaders beginning in August that include asynchronous learning as well as two in-person training sessions with experienced AIM facilitators. AIM Pathways professional training resources are recommended by the National Council on Teacher Quality and courses adhere to the International Dyslexia Association’s Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading.
Science of Reading Courses:
- Pathways to Proficient Reading for Teachers will provide educators access to resources for application-based classroom practices to support strong, proficient readers through the Science of Reading. (Designed for K-5th Grade General Education Teachers and K-8th Grade Special Education Teachers)
- Pathways for Literacy Leadership will provide educational leaders with tools and resources to create and implement a comprehensive literacy plan for their schools and develop administrators’ understanding of the classroom application of the science of reading. (Designed for Educational Leaders)
Registration information for this comprehensive training was released to educators in Mississippi yesterday.
- ParentSquare Acquires Remind, Expanding Options for School-Home Engagement - December 8, 2023
- VHS Learning Earns MSA-CESS Reaccreditation - December 7, 2023
- CASEL Announces 2023 Social and Emotional Learning Leaders of the Year (SELLY) Awards - December 6, 2023