New library of thought leadership resources will support creation of dynamic digital learning environments
In July 2015, Discovery Education, provider of digital content and professional development for K-12 classrooms and CUE, the California-based organization inspiring innovative learners and advocating educational opportunities for all, partnered with the California State Parks to host a unique leadership symposium.
Designed specifically for California superintendents interested in creating dynamic digital learning environments that meet the needs of today’s learners, this event featured a series of brief, thought-provoking talks that surfaced actionable strategies for improving teaching and learning.
Now, Discovery Education and CUE are sharing with educators nationwide the library of presentations from this event. These presentations explore a variety of critical topics, including using professional development to support device deployment, communicating with stakeholders, improving attendance and discipline during the digital transition, and more, and were delivered by school leaders from across California as well as nationally recognized Baltimore County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Dallas Dance.
The full list of presenters is as follows:
• Dr. Lisa Gonzales, Vice President, Association of California School Administrators
• Dr. Darryl S. Adams, Superintendent of Schools, Coachella Valley Unified School District, Thermal, Calif.
• Bryan Ballenger, Superintendent/Principal, Ballico Cressey School District, Ballico, Calif.
• Dr. James J. Brescia, Superintendent of Schools, San Luis Obispo County Office of Education, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
• Dr. S. Dallas Dance, Superintendent, Baltimore County Public Schools, Towson, Md.
• Dr. J. Todd Finnell, County Superintendent of Schools, Imperial County Office of Education, El Centro, Calif.
• Pamela Gildersleeve-Hernandez, Superintendent/Principal, San Antonio Union School District, Lockwood, Calif.
• Greg Magnuson, Superintendent, Buena Park School District, Buena Park, Calif.
• Dr. Katie McNamara, Superintendent, South Bay Union School District, Imperial Beach, Calif.
• Dave McQueen, Superintendent, Kelseyville Unified School District, Kelseyville, Calif.
• Rich Merlo, Superintendent, Corcoran Joint Unified School District, Corcoran, Calif.
• Dr. Barbara Nemko, Superintendent, Napa County Office of Education, Napa, Calif.
• Dr. Robert Pletka, Superintendent, Fullerton School District, Fullerton, Calif.
• Rick Rubino, Superintendent, Gridley Unified School District, Gridley, Calif.
• Dr. Karen Villalobos, Superintendent/Principal, East Nicolaus High School District, Nicolaus, Calif.
To access these presentations, visit: http://www.discoveryeducation.com/California/index.cfm.
“The CUE Super Symposium showcases amazing Future Ready California Superintendents that eagerly shared some of their best, most actionable ideas for other leaders to adopt and adapt,” said Jon Corippo, Director of Academic Innovation, CUE. “CUE was pleased to host them at such an amazing venue.”
“Discovery Education is proud to partner with CUE to make this library available and connect educators nationwide with leaders and ideas that have helped a diverse range of school systems create the modern digital learning environments we know help improve student achievement,” said Jason Barnes, Vice President of Educational Partnerships at Discovery Education. “We hope educators nationwide will view these thought-leadership presentations, borrow these powerful ideas, and apply them to their own school districts.”
For more information about Discovery Education’s other services and resources, visit www.discoveryeducation.com.
For more information on CUE’s efforts to inspire innovative learners in the classroom, visit www.cue.org. CUE is a Future Ready coalition partner.