Cincinnati – Architecture, interior design, and engineering firm SHP is awarding $1,000 scholarships to 10 high school students. The honors were announced during a reception at the 2022 Ohio School Board Association’s (OSBA) annual Capital Conference in November. The scholarships were presented to school districts as part of a random drawing at the conference reception.
Each winning district will award the scholarship to a student by their own selection criteria.
“It is an honor to have the opportunity to give back to Ohio communities—specifically the students; the future of those communities,” said Lauren Della Bella, president, SHP. “I am hopeful that we can continue this tradition for years to come.”
The winning districts for 2022 are as follows:
- Bexley City School District
- Cincinnati Public School District
- Chillicothe City School District
- Dover City School District
- Edgewood City School District
- Fairfield Local School District
- Gallipolis City School District
- Harrison Hills City School District
- Norwood City School District
- St. Clairsville-Richland City School District
The idea for the scholarship giveaway was born in 2021, when, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SHP was unable to hold an OSBA reception at all. Instead, the firm decided to randomly award 26 Ohio school districts for a total of $26,000.
SHP has a deep understanding of the modern educational built environment, with hundreds of completed projects of note, including recent work such as Peck Expeditionary, Winton Woods, and the award-winning Dover High School. The firm specializes in designing future-ready learning environments through the lens of design, research and advocacy in pursuit of life-long, life-wide and life-deep learning.
SHP is a team of dynamic architects, designers and engineers who maximize the utility, beauty, and wonder of space. The firm applies its signature expertise and passion—as well as a multidisciplinary approach—to create lasting environments that simply help people engage in better human experiences. Learn more about SHP’s planning, architecture, interior design, engineering, construction administration and facilities management services at SHP.com.
- Pearson’s Connections Academy and Home Depot’s Path to Pro Program Partner to Connect High School Students to Trade Careers - September 29, 2023
- Virginia’s Portsmouth Public Schools Expands Partnership with Discovery Education to Bring Students in Grades 7-12 State-of-the-Art Digital Resources - September 27, 2023
- Illustrative Mathematics Announces IM® 360 for K-12 Educators and Students - September 26, 2023