Student safety leader Impero has created Impero back:drop, a new free cloud-based solution to help schools manage and record student safety and health information, from first aid to COVID-19 symptom tracking, to more complex mental health issues.
Impero back:drop gives districts a way to keep track of and communicate about potential concerns safely and securely. It eliminates the need for paper-based reporting systems and can be used whether students are learning at school or at home. Impero back:drop will remain free to schools indefinitely, filling a critical need for staying on top of student mental and physical concerns during the pandemic and beyond.
“We created Impero back:drop to empower schools to prioritize student mental health and safety. It provides a better way to record and manage concerns so schools can provide intervention more quickly,” said Justin Reilly, CEO of Impero Software. “Many districts are still using paper-based reporting systems, which can make it difficult and time-consuming to access records, identify trends over time and intervene where necessary. In distance learning scenarios, Impero back:drop eliminates this problem.”
Impero back:drop is a cloud-based system that enables teachers and authorized staff members to access a history for each student that includes child protection concerns, behavioral concerns, mental health needs, as well as first aid incidents, medical requirements such as whether a student requires an inhaler or EpiPen, and a log of medicine administration. The system highlights patterns and can incorporate information from external agencies into a single, comprehensive view. It can also flag warning signs of serious concerns, including suspected child abuse or suicide risk, allowing schools to intervene. Impero back:drop is FERPA compliant and information can only be shared with permitted users and is stored securely in the cloud.
Impero has created options within the software specifically related to COVID-19. Authorized staff can view or log positive diagnoses for individual students or the entire student body, as well as other information such as “COVID bereavement” concerns. This helps districts identify potential outbreaks, and provide help for students who may need additional support.
Impero back:drop also provides access to Impero’s premium suite of classroom management, device management and student safety solutions for schools that have purchased those products, keeping all safety tools in one place.
Impero back:drop’s features include:
- The ability to record and manage student concerns, both in and out of the classroom.
- Holistic tracking of student health information, including COVID-19 symptoms, suicidal tendencies, and medication information.
- The ability for staff to prioritize alerts about specific students who they believe may need extra support or help.
- A cloud-based platform that allows staff to record concerns even when they are off-site.
- Scalability so it will work the same whether it’s used in one school or in 50 schools.
- Granular and whole-school reporting, allowing users to create reports and track trends among a few students, or across an entire school or district.
- Secure storage of documents including contracts, certificates, consent forms, etc.
- A tool that allows staff to take detailed notes and upload files during student meetings so that staff has the information needed to take appropriate next steps.
- The ability to set staff permission levels to keep sensitive information safe.
- Access to other premium Impero features like classroom management and device management.
Impero back:drop is designed to be simple. Accessed via a web-browser, with a self-service set-up and intuitive interface, districts can have the system up and running in less than 30 minutes and can begin recording concerns in a safe, central record.
For more information and to view a video demonstration, visit www.imperosoftware.com/us/impero-backdrop/.
Impero Software offers remote monitoring and management software, relied upon by education establishments around the world. Founded in 2002, Impero Software is now accessed by over 2 million devices in over 90 countries.
Impero’s cutting edge EdTech software consolidates a range of powerful classroom, network and device management features enabling schools and colleges to reduce costs and improve both staff and student productivity. Impero’s sophisticated online safety functionality uses keyword detection technology, monitoring and reporting tools to help schools safeguard students online and offline. For more information visit: www.imperosoftware.com
- Flinn Scientific Launches New Contest for STEM Educators in Celebration of Mole Day - October 15, 2021
- Digital Magazines Now Available to K-12 Schools Worldwide in Sora Reading App - October 15, 2021
- iTutor’s Virtual Quarantine Classroom Offers Educational Lifeline for COVID-Affected South Carolina and New York Students - October 15, 2021