ITASCA, Ill. – Riverside Insights®, a leading developer of research-based assessments and analytics, today announced a partnership with Kognito, a provider of practice-based digital learning experiences, which provides strategies to improve mental health and well-being across schools. With this collaboration, school health professionals, such as psychologists, counselors and school nurses, will have access to additional training to support mental health-related cognitive interventions for at-risk students.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) research shows that in 2021 more than four in 10 students felt persistently sad or hopeless and nearly one-third (29%) experienced poor mental health. Through the partnership, health professionals will have additional training to notice the early signs and establish a therapeutic collaboration with the student.
“Riverside Insights’ partnership with Kognito is another example of our commitment to supporting the whole child,” said Sunjay Talele, clinical general manager at Riverside Insights. “School health professionals play a critical role in identifying and supporting students with behavioral or mental health concerns. Together we can provide the tools and training necessary to effectively manage the specific conversation with each student to motivate healthy behaviors.”
Now, school health professionals and educators will have access to a variety of interactive trainings that are proven to lead to more impactful conversations and outcomes with students. The Kognito Learning Model includes the following key components:
- Didactic Lessons + Interactive Conversations: Learners gain key knowledge in conversation and social and emotional learning (SEL) skills, followed by practice opportunities. This practice-based experiential learning builds the skills and confidence needed to effectively approach important conversations.
- Real-Life Scenarios: Relatable scenarios evoke an emotional response to create a powerful experience. Content is based on the input of thousands of educators and students and reveals the cause and effect relationship between the learners’ communication strategies and the responses they elicit.
- Virtual Coaches: Learners have access to virtual coaching in the platform, which allows for more transformative learning moments where the user can reflect on how they are doing and what steps they can take to improve. This allows for a deeper understanding of the communication strategies taught.
- Kognito Virtual Humans: Each Kognito simulation consists of interactive didactic modules and a series of roleplay conversations. Users engage in hands-on practice leading conversations with virtual, fully animated and emotionally responsive humans. Kognito’s virtual humans are scientifically designed to embody specific personalities, attitudes, and medical/behavioral health conditions.
“The reality is that 75% of mental health conditions emerge by the age of 14, but often the evidence is misattributed as the child being apathetic or disengaged,” said Deborah Serri, vice president of Product, Kognito. “The Kognito training helps guide school health professionals, nurses, psychologists, teachers, and counselors so they can identify warning signs early. Kognito role-play simulations enable schools and districts to rapidly build the capacity of educators and students to lead real-life conversations that change lives.”
Kognito is a leading provider of practice-based digital learning experiences that provide strategies to improve mental health and well-being across schools, campuses, and communities. Built on an interactive platform, the products integrate several evidence-based models and techniques, game mechanics, and learning principles, allowing users to learn by engaging in role-play conversations with emotionally responsive humans. Through practice and personalized feedback, users learn and assess their competency to lead similar real-life conversations. Kognito has been instrumental in providing training to over 1.5 million educators, administrators, students, and their communities. This innovative approach is changing lives by increasing user confidence and awareness on critical topics that impact critical thinking and decision-making. For more information, visit kognito.com.
About Riverside Insights
Riverside Insights, one of the nation’s leading and most long-standing developers of research-based assessments, is led by a powerful mission: to provide insights that help elevate potential and enrich the lives of students, clinical patients, employees, and organizations globally. For more information, visit www.RiversideInsights.com.
- BookNook Names Education Veteran Jared Harless Chief Product Officer - June 1, 2023
- CAE and Pearson Partner to Bring Critical Thinking Assessment to Secondary Education Students - May 31, 2023
- Counslr Partners with Greece Central School District to Increase Mental Health Support Services - May 30, 2023