Infobase, the award-winning provider of the Infobase Media Cloud and the Infobase Learning Cloud, announced the launch of Issues & Controversies in History. Formerly known as Issues & Controversies in American History, this completely redesigned and renamed database expands its coverage of history to include world history from antiquity to the present as well as retaining its authoritative coverage of U.S. history.
Along with new pro/con articles, more than 400 new primary sources—including not only traditional text documents but also graphic works and physical objects, such as paintings, coins, statues, and ancient monuments—and hundreds of new images, graphs, maps, and related resources, the new and improved database offers powerful features that support research and distance learning, along with a fully responsive design that’s more intuitive, clearer, and easier to navigate.
“I can’t imagine a database that could better prepare students for history debates, research projects, and document-based questions than Issues & Controversies in History,” said Andrew Gyory, Editor-in-Chief at Infobase. “We offer hundreds of pro/con articles and thousands of primary sources, helping students to think critically and understand the forces that have shaped every conflict in U.S. and world history over the past 5,000 years.”
“Our goal is to deliver quality educational content backed by the digital tools that empower educators and learners to effectively discover and use that content,” said Paul Skordilis, president and CEO of Infobase Holdings. “The new Issues & Controversies in History does just that. The accessibility improvements, new embed code feature, page tools and customizable user preferences, and dynamic citations—and these are just some of the many new features we’ve added—provide a greatly improved user experience.”
New features and enhancements of Issues & Controversies in History include:
- New name: Issues & Controversies in History
- A wealth of new content from all over the globe
- Brand-new world history coverage including every region of the world, from antiquity to the present
- 40 new pro/con articles and 400+ new primary sources
- Hundreds of new images, graphs, original maps, and rich related resources; searchable image collection
- Intuitive organization
- Redesigned home page that brings core content to the forefront, with easier navigation and a cleaner presentation
- New Video Resources landing page
- New Primary Sources landing page
- New Timelines landing page
- New Educator Resources landing page
- Images are now available via search
- New features that support distance learning
- Fully responsive and mobile-friendly
- New embed code feature—easily add content to any HTML page or learning management system
- Save content directly to Google Drive so students can complete assignments at home
- Single sign-on with Google or Microsoft
- Dynamic citations in APA, MLA, Chicago, and Harvard formats, with EasyBib and NoodleTools export functionality
- Accessibility improvements, including updated VPAT, to ensure content works for all users
- And much more!
For reviewer access to Issues & Controversies in History, please contact Laurie Katz at LKatz@Infobase.com.
Infobase, a Centre Lane Partners portfolio company, is the esteemed provider of the Infobase Media Cloud and the Infobase Learning Cloud, which deliver award-winning multimedia reference content, online tools and technology, and professional development and training solutions to the school, academic, and public library communities.
Enabled by such well-known brands as Facts On File, Learn360, Credo, The Mailbox®, Films Media Group, Bloom’s, Ferguson’s, Vault, and the Infobase Learning Cloud, Infobase provides students, educators, librarians, and parents with a broad range of solutions they need to inspire, enable, and inform lifelong learners. For 80 years, Infobase has been a reliable, authoritative resource providing flexible options for accessing educational content whether in school, at the library, or at home. To learn more, visit www.Infobase.com.
- SchoolStatus Names New Chief Revenue Officer and Expands Sales Team to Build on its Continued Growth - August 10, 2022
- Student from New Jersey Receives Award for STEAM Sustainability Innovation from Stanley Black & Decker and Discovery Education - August 10, 2022
- School System, County, and Police Partner on New Modernized Bus Initiative to Enhance Student Safety in Anne Arundel County - August 10, 2022