For the second year in a row, ISTE’s annual conference will be virtual–but ISTELive 21 is still chock-full of engaging and thought-provoking learning experiences for educators.
ISTELive 21 will focus on “Designing a New Learning Landscape”–an apt theme given the many discussions around how the COVID-19 pandemic has given education the chance to tweak last-minute changes and make them more permanent solutions.
While you’re building your schedule, take a look at some of the ISTELive 21 sessions we’re looking forward to attending.
1. 15 Strategies to Engage and Motivate Online Learners: Are you struggling to motivate students to complete their online lessons? The reasons students may not be engaging online could surprise you. Join Michele Eaton, author of “The Perfect Blend,” to explore 15 research-based strategies to engage online learners while building their self-efficacy and self-regulatory skills.
2. Equity Is Not an Add-on: Making DEI a Priority in Schools: Education is a civil rights issue with unique, evolving implications as demonstrated by 2020’s remote learning needs. In order to pursue equity in our work, we must look inward and embark on courageous conversations. This discussion will focus on defining equity, exploring our “why” and provide resources for self-reflection.
- How this teacher uses story coding to spark creativity and collaboration - June 30, 2022
- 6 time-saving tech tricks for school librarians - June 29, 2022
- Are you teaching with Minecraft and Roblox? You should be - June 28, 2022