Lifesize®, a global innovator of immersive enterprise communication solutions, today announced the acquisition of Kaptivo, a digital collaboration solutions company. With the addition of Kaptivo, Lifesize further expands its portfolio of cloud-based unified communications and collaboration (UCC) solutions for contact centers, video conferencing and meeting rooms with a new suite of advanced collaboration tools.
An industry pioneer in computer vision, image processing and artificial intelligence for visual collaboration, Kaptivo develops solutions that make remote brainstorming, education, planning and content creation more effective and productive. Kaptivo’s current products address an unmet need in remote meetings: Connecting the hundreds of millions of existing, traditional whiteboards to modern collaboration tools so that participants can brainstorm, teach, plan and draw as if everyone was in the same room. The Kaptivo solution pairs advanced image processing software that eliminates shadows, reflections and people in front of the whiteboard with an enterprise-grade, secure, cloud-based collaboration platform.
Along with the acquisition, Lifesize also announced the immediate availability of a new Kaptivo-powered digital whiteboard application, providing enhanced capabilities for remote collaboration and instruction within Lifesize video meetings. According to a recent report from Nemertes Research, more than half of organizations are using or planning to use digital whiteboards by 2021.
“Kaptivo is a natural addition to the Lifesize platform, and its unique technology and talented team will allow us to accelerate our rate of innovation while simultaneously delivering new value to customers,” said Craig Malloy, CEO of Lifesize. “We look forward to rapidly expanding our advanced collaboration offering and helping organizations work, engage, teach and learn more naturally and effectively, from wherever they are.”
“We are avid users of Kaptivo in conjunction with Lifesize video conferencing,” said Benoît Bordenave, technical director at Visiolib. “Our distributed team frequently engages over video and reviews technical content digitally, as Kaptivo offers us a truly effortless way to collaborate. This acquisition by Lifesize is an exciting development, and deeper integration between these platforms will help professionals who need high definition, unstructured digital interaction become even more efficient and productive.”
With Kaptivo integrated into its platform and roadmap, Lifesize will be able to offer customers a range of new solutions:
- Advanced Collaboration for Remote Work:Digitize any content, from drawings to diagrams to financial figures and work on it together with participants around the globe during secure video meetings, incorporating bi-directional annotation, automatic translation and other advanced collaboration features.
- Advanced Collaboration for Meeting Rooms:Building on the existing partnership between the two companies, purchase and deploy single-vendor bundles to outfit meeting rooms and the whiteboards in them with the systems needed to make them interactive and collaborative.
- Advanced Collaboration for Education:Maintain the in-classroom whiteboarding experience while conducting distance learning in one-to-one and one-to-many hybrid environments.
- Advanced Collaboration for Contact Centers:Enhance capabilities for contact center agents using CxEngage Video, allowing them to document and annotate customer-facing content, including billing statements, assembly instructions or other visual resources.
Kaptivo is privately held and backed by a transatlantic syndicate of venture capital investors including Benhamou Global Ventures, Draper Esprit PLC and Generation Ventures. Current Kaptivo CEO David Hsieh will join Lifesize’s executive team to head the company’s advanced collaboration business.
“The entire Kaptivo team is excited to join Lifesize, a trusted partner and seasoned leader in the unified communications industry,” said David Hsieh, CEO of Kaptivo. “As schools and businesses adjust to remote work, advanced collaboration solutions that make all forms of work more productive are vitally important. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead the market.”
To learn more about Lifesize’s advanced collaboration solutions and to start using the new Lifesize digital whiteboard application, visit https://www.lifesize.com/en/advanced-collaboration.
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complementary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com or www.serenova.com.
Lifesize and the Lifesize logo are trademarks of Lifesize, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Founded by University of Cambridge scientists Adrian Cable and Nic Lawrence, Kaptivo is an advanced collaboration company that transforms how whiteboard content is created, managed and utilized for business and education. Kaptivo’s solution addresses an unmet need for enterprises, schools and individuals, connecting millions of existing whiteboards to digital collaboration tools by digitizing and augmenting hand-drawn or written content and making it easily shareable. Thousands of organizations, including Intel, Bloomberg, Flex, McDonalds and Stanford University, rely on Kaptivo and its integrations with other collaboration tools to improve productivity across remote teams, brainstorm, plan, teach and visualize complex topics. Kaptivo was founded as Light Blue Optics and maintains operations in Cambridge, UK and Silicon Valley.
- Roylco Secures “Best STEM Building Toy” in Best Building Toys for Kids, According to Experts - September 22, 2023
- Research-Based Digital Family Engagement Program Set to Expand Student Support - September 21, 2023
- Discovery Education and Leading Corporate and Nonprofit Partners Launch First-of-Its-Kind Initiative Supporting Sustainability - September 20, 2023