To ensure every student has access to meaningful STEM experiences this fall, 21stCentEd announces the launch of virtual STEM and CTE programs for students in grades K-12. 21stCentEd is powered by TechTrep, a STEM and CTE provider that works with families, schools and communities to provide personalized, project-based and self-paced STEM experiences for all students.
“Bringing equity to education is more important than ever; our goal with 21stCentEd is to extend virtual access to engaging STEM and CTE experiences for each and every student – especially those historically underrepresented in STEM,” said Marlon Lindsay, Co-founder and CEO at TechTrep. “Whether students are learning in-person, virtually or a mix of both, 21stCentEd provides a user-friendly, unintimidating introduction to STEM and CTE-related skills.”
21stCentEd includes three grade-specific Virtual STEM and CTE Academy options and a Virtual STEM Camp offering. Created with STEM teacher shortages in mind, 21stCentEd is a turnkey program that can be directed by any educator, mentor or coach, regardless of expertise or background. Part self-guided, part mentor-led, courses are flexible by design and ensure students are able to work at their own pace.
- 21stCentEd’s Virtual STEM Camp offers an introduction to STEM learning and skills for students in 4th – 8th grade and educators, and can be customized according to schools’ unique needs. Deployed virtually over two days for 3 hours each day, campers learn the foundational aspects and application of the Engineering Design Process and STEM-related skills, which is then built upon through the Virtual STEM and CTE Academy.
- 21stCentEd’s Virtual STEM and CTE Academy provides unlimited access to 900+ hours of STEM learning experiences, including options for K-8th, 9th-12th and K-12th grade levels. The Virtual STEM and CTE Academy is appropriate for district, charter/magnet, private/parochial and home school use.
“The demand is there – over 200 students participated in our first Virtual STEM Camp this August,” Lindsay said. “Even virtually, these events are bringing communities together – we’re grateful for sponsors like Hill Air Force Base, DOMO, Junior Achievement of Utah, Utah Black Chamber, Forever Yung Foundation and InnerView, who are actively investing in our students’ STEM education.”
21stCentEd, powered by TechTrep, is a comprehensive STEM and CTE education provider that partners with schools, families and communities to introduce all students to meaningful STEM learning experiences. Through virtual, personalized, project-based and self-paced STEM and CTE curriculum, 21stCendEd supports instructors in equipping students with in-demand skills for success in college and career. For more information about 21stCentEd, visit https://21cented.com/
- Research-Based Digital Family Engagement Program Set to Expand Student Support - September 21, 2023
- Discovery Education and Leading Corporate and Nonprofit Partners Launch First-of-Its-Kind Initiative Supporting Sustainability - September 20, 2023
- BIOZONE’s High School Biology for Texas achieves Top Marks - September 19, 2023