CLEVELAND – January 18, 2022 – Educators who are looking for more efficient ways to support reading outcomes have a new solution: Content Bundles. This new feature allows educators to reserve and bundle digital books from their school’s Sora collection, offering exclusive access for select students based on specific scenarios. Using a code, the students can then unlock and read the ebooks and audiobooks in Sora, the leading student reading app available in more than 53,000 schools worldwide.
“Content Bundles is the very feature we have been looking to implement in our Sora shared collection,” said Ken Zimmerman, Supervisor of Educational Technology at Lancaster-Lebanon IU13 in Pennsylvania. ”This provides us with so many options to filter content to meet specific district, classroom and learning needs.”
Content Bundles are a flexible tool that can serve as an effective solution for many common education scenarios, both inside and outside the classroom. For instance, educators can:
- Bundle curriculum titles for grade level-access.
- Create teacher-specific classroom libraries.
- Group digital books for topic or theme sets.
- Reserve titles for upper grade levels.
- Make digital Class Sets available only to students who need them for class.
- Organize books for book clubs or literature circles.
- Build a professional development collection accessible to teachers only.
“Our secondary reading intervention teachers are excited about using Sora’s digital library to support and develop literacy in their English classes,” stated Javier Hernandez, ELA TOSA at Montebello Unified School District in California. “Specifically, teachers appreciate the flexibility and accessibility of Content Bundles for their students.”
OverDrive Education General Manager Angela Arnold added, “We know that one size does not fit all, so I love how Content Bundles satisfy the diverse needs of our school partners. Content Bundles work in most situations where specific students need exclusive use of a digital book. This is a use case that is prevalent in the real world of print books, such as when a teacher lets a class select from a bin full of books on a particular topic. This new feature tailors content for students while conserving budget.”
Learn more about Content Bundles.
Educators can find more information about Sora at https://discoversora.com.
About OverDrive Education and the Sora student reading app
OverDrive Education, a division of OverDrive, offers the industry’s largest catalog of ebooks, audiobooks, digital magazines and other content for over 53,000 K-12 schools and millions of students worldwide. The company’s student reading app, Sora, provides every student with access to the right books. Supporting the need to read required curriculum titles, class sets and pleasure reading digital books, Sora’s powerful learning tools and insights help meet the needs of students and educators. Sora was named one of TIME’s Best Inventions of 2019. The 2021 acquisition of TeachingBooks.net complements Sora with one of the largest catalogs of original and curated literary resources. Founded in 1986, OverDrive – the leading digital reading platform for libraries – and OverDrive Education are based in Cleveland, Ohio USA. www.overdrive.com/schools
- CASEL Announces 2023 Social and Emotional Learning Leaders of the Year (SELLY) Awards - December 6, 2023
- Two Remarkable Educators Honored with YouScience® Innovative Educator Award - December 5, 2023
- Spanish and English Versions of Science Techbook for Texas by Discovery Education Now Available for Use In K-8 and Biology Classrooms Statewide - December 4, 2023