SAN FRANCISCO – The PLtogether resource site powered by Edthena now features more than 75 video interviews with education experts. Educators can access the free, on-demand “Lounge Talks” video series to hear about and learn effective strategies for a number of timely topics ranging from professional development to teacher wellness.
“Created as part of our commitment to video-powered professional learning, PLtogether helps educators learn from some of the most-respected researchers and thought leaders in education,” said Adam Geller, founder and CEO of Edthena. “The dozens of videos featured on the site provide educators with tactical, bite-sized advice on many of the topics that will matter most to them this school year and beyond.”
The recent PLtogether videos have covered a number of important topics, including:
- Structured professional development. Steve Ventura,founder of Advanced Collaborative Solutions and author of “Engaged Instruction: Thriving Classrooms in the Age of Common Core,” discusses how teachers can grow through collaborative professional learning. Watch here.
- Positive teacher well-being and school culture. Christian van Nieuwerburgh, global director of Growth Coaching International, discusses the importance of mental health and shares strategies to help teachers prioritize their well-being. Watch here.
- Effective coaching. Nita Creekmore, founder of Love Teach Bless, shares two important keys to successful coaching. Watch here.
The collection of short PLtogether videos feature interviews with additional education experts such as Elena Aguilar, Deborah Ball, Monica Burns, Zaretta Hammond, Joellen Killion, Jim Knight, Pedro Noguera, and many more. The videos cover professional development, teacher coaching, choosing classroom edtech, teaching social justice, student engagement, and other relevant topics for educators, many of which are covered in greater depth on the Edthena blog.
In addition to the Lounge Talks series, PLtogether features a collection of free curated resources from the experts’ respective organizations, a video series specifically designed for education leaders and instructional coaches, and more.
To learn more about PLtogether, visit http://pltogether.org.
Edthena is the leading provider of innovative technologies to support educator professional learning and streamline feedback to teachers. The companyoffers AI Coach by Edthena, an artificial intelligence-driven solution to guide teachers through coaching cycles; the Edthena Video Coaching Platform, the classroom observation and collaboration platform for using videos as part of professional development; and Edthena Organization Libraries, a platform for schools and districts to curate and share best-practice teaching videos. Edthena is the recipient of numerous awards from organizations such as SIIA. For more information, visit www.edthena.com. For more news about Edthena, visit www.edthena.com/blog/.
- New Evidence for the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Rating Reiterates i-Ready® Instruction’s Impacton Driving Student Outcomes - June 2, 2023
- BookNook Names Education Veteran Jared Harless Chief Product Officer - June 1, 2023
- CAE and Pearson Partner to Bring Critical Thinking Assessment to Secondary Education Students - May 31, 2023