This week’s special edition of Innovations in Education, hosted by Kevin Hogan, comes live from one of the nation’s largest edtech conferences. At least 15,000 educators and edtech enthusiasts are gathered in New Orleans for ISTELive 22.
ISTE CEO Richard Culatta notes that we’ve “beaten the joy out of learning” in recent years. Now is the time to inspire educators and learners. Along with inspiration comes the idea of injecting civility, kindness, and understanding into education.
“It’s OK to disagree…you need to disagree; it’s how you learn, but we have to do it in a way that’s kind and civil, and you have to model that for kids,” Culatta said.
In this special edition:
- Rethinking teaching and learning
- Modeling technology adoption
- Game-changing creative technologies
- Real-world SEL implementation
- How to honor the hero educators in your world
- Use tech to reassess assessment - September 21, 2023
- Big Deals: Advanced offerings in curriculum and data analytics, parent communication, remote tutoring, and more - September 18, 2023
- What keeps edtech leaders up at night? - September 14, 2023