PowerMyLearning, a national nonprofit, is committed to helping school and district leaders who are mobilizing to implement remote learning plans in response to COVID-19. We know how critical it is for you to support students’ learning while also keeping families connected. PowerMyLearning Family Playlists® can help make that transition smoother.
- Unlike other online initiatives, Family Playlists use families’ phones, so families can fully participate without having a laptop or computer at home.
- Family Playlists can be delivered in over 100 languages, ensuring seamless two-way communication between families and teachers.
- Family Playlists are easy to integrate with Google Classroom and Clever.
PowerMyLearning is offering our Family Playlists program completely free of charge to all schools and districts impacted by COVID-19 from now through the end of the school year.
About Family Playlists
Family Playlists open a direct line of communication between families and teachers around student learning and leverage the Protégé Effect (also known as learning-by-teaching), which increases student comprehension and improves social-emotional learning (SEL) skills. A recent study found that Family Playlists had a statistically significant impact on students’ New York State math scores equivalent to four months of additional learning.
Family Playlists are mobile-friendly, multilingual learning assignments that have students “teach” their families a concept by completing a fun, collaborative activity together. After completing the activity, parents send feedback (and photos and/or video) back to the teacher on how it went, including how confident their child seemed teaching the assignment. The resulting reports give teachers valuable assessment data and critical insights that enable them to see their students as whole children.
Asking students to teach their families is especially beneficial for parents stepping into new roles at home. Since the child is “teaching” the content, parents are not expected to know the subject area—they are the learners.
Access standards-aligned content and robust support
Family Playlists are available for grades 3-8 in Math, ELA, and Science, with exemplar playlists in K-2 Math and ELA. Teachers will have access to robust support materials and features that make it extra-easy to integrate Family Playlists into their existing curricular scope and sequence.
In addition to Family Playlists, teachers will have full access to our premium digital learning platform, PowerMyLearning Connect: School Edition. The collaborative platform features a vetted selection of high-quality activities, assessments, and interactives for K-12 in addition to on-demand professional development resources.
PowerMyLearning is already working with over 100 schools and districts nationwide, giving them a scalable way to connect students, teachers, and families around student learning across physical and virtual environments.
- Arkansas Department of Education Names Curriculum Associates’ Magnetic Reading™ Foundations an Approved English Language Arts Foundational Skills Program for Grades K–2 - March 31, 2023
- New Mexico’s Aztec Municipal School District Renews Multiyear Partnership Driving Student Engagement in Science - March 30, 2023
- 7 Mindsets Announces Formation of 7m Cares - March 30, 2023