Artificial intelligence is currently walking itself through the hallways of our schools and some teachers may not be leveraging this tool to enhance their teaching methods. Instead, many educators and learning institutions are nervous about the student use of artificial intelligence to pass assignments and assessments. Here are five tips for educators to enhance their learning methods and help students grow.
- Create rubrics for all assessments with ease.
ChatGPT, one of the most well known artificial intelligence tools, can curate useful tables of resources for educators to minimize the need to search for information. One way educators can harness this optimization is by asking the software to produce a baseline rubric, with the teachers’ needed areas of assessment, for the educator to review. Type these prompts into the chat feature for a preview of the power ChatGPT can provide:
- Create a table of educational grants, with links, for classroom supplies.
- Create a presentation rubric, with 1 thru 4 scale, for organization, content, delivery, and creativity.
- Spark a new idea.
Artificial intelligence can help teachers spark a new idea by making suggestions for ways to engage students. Teachers plug in their lesson needs and artificial intelligence can help spark some ideas. These ideas do not replace the teacher, rather, they help set educators on the path of lesson creation with an added spark. Try these prompts in ChatGPT for yourself:
- Create a lesson for My Side of the Mountain that includes art.
- Design a lesson for subtracting three-digit numbers that involves regrouping.
- Create a lesson that increases a student’s reading fluency at a second grade reading level.
- Why system transformation is likely a pipe dream - June 1, 2023
- COVID learning loss likely to linger without intensive work - May 29, 2023
- How to elevate climate literacy for future scientists - May 29, 2023